CROSS+DECAY is an independent art and literary magazine, connecting creators through dark and eerie themes. This magazine is edited and curated by CRUCIFIXVI.
Cross + Decay is now accepting work for Issue 2: (How To Survive In) The Woods. The deadline is July 28 2018.
Submission Guidelines: Cross+Decay is a literary and art magazine, welcoming poetry, prose, and artwork. The work must adhere to the issue's theme, but it is up to the interpretation of the creator to decide what work best fits that theme and would be most relevant.
- Prose can be fiction or non-fiction, 500-1000 words (maximum 1000). Prose must be clearly formatted, and fully edited, including spell-checking and proper grammar. Previously published work is welcome, as long as rights have reverted back to the writer. Work exceeding 1000 words will automatically be rejected.
- Visual art can be of any medium, including photography and photographs of three-dimensional work. Work must be attached as .jpegs. Artists can submit their work with watermarks or as lower quality files, but the images must represent what the work would look like in print, and must be able to be sent as a high quality .jpeg if accepted (300 dpi, and at least 2000 pixels square).
- Creators are welcome to submit multiple works, but they must all be submitted at the same time, and within the same email.
Payment: Accepted creators will be paid for their work.
- Prose- $0.02/word, $0.01/word after 500 words.
- Poetry- $0.50/line, $0.25/line after 20 lines.
- Artwork- $15/selected digital file.
All creators will continue to have full rights to their work.
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, with full name, a short bio, and information relevant to understanding the work (if needed). If you have any further questions, please send an email to the above address.
Submissions close July 28 2018 at 11:59 PM MST. Late submissions are automatically rejected.